With the New Year coming, it has been announced that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will be reopening Parents and Grandparents Program on January 2nd, 2018.
Now the Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be allowed to take their first step for applying and bringing their parents and grandparents to Canada through the program.
The IRCC has introduced a new process in 2017 for the application submissions for sponsoring their parents and their grandparents which is targeted towards making the process more transparent and fair for the applicants.
The potential sponsors will now be able to notify the IRCC about sponsoring the parents and the grandparents after they submit the “Interest to Sponsor” form. It will be a random process in which the IRCC will invite the potential sponsors to apply for the sponsorship of their parents and grandparents.
The “Interest to Sponsor” form will be available for the applicants starting from January 2nd, 2018. The applicants who wish to sponsor their parents and grandparents would be required to fill this form online. It will be available until February 1st, 2018.
Applicants submitted the application for the sponsorship would be notified if they are invited or not. And those successful applicants invited to apply would have 90 days to submit the complete application along with the required documents.
However, it is advised by the commission that in order to invite and allow as much applicants as possible to sponsor their parents and grandparents, only eligible applicants should fill the “Interest to Sponsor” form. Some additional questions have been added to the form which would allow the candidates to self-assess for their eligibility.
The eligibility requirements which should be met before submitting with the form in order are:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Applicant must be Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Must meet the minimum income requirement of last 3 consecutive years for the program after submitting notice of assessment by Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) to support their sponsorship
- He/she must support the person (parents or grandparent) and the financially dependents
- The sponsors must also meet the minimum income requirement for three consecutive years. If they are married or in a common-law relationship, the income of both the persons could be included together
- A sponsorship agreement must be signed by the sponsor and the sponsored relative which will bound the sponsor to provide the sponsored relative with financial support for up to 20 years
Applicants who live in Quebec would also be required to meet the requirements of Quebec’s immigration sponsorship after IRCC approves the applicant as a sponsor.
The Parents and Grandparents Program is not the only option to sponsor your family but Super Visa is a multiple entry permit allowing your parents and grandparents to enter Canada on the status of long-term visitors. The Super Visa holders can stay in Canada for up to 2 years and the visa is valid for up to 10 years.
Assessment of Eligibility
Get your eligibility assessed by the experts of the best immigration consultants in Pakistan, Lalani& Associates. Visit our website https://lalaniassociates.com.pk/and take the Free Assessment and start your immigration process to Immigrate to Canada.